Sunday 7 August 2011

Inglourious Basterds (2009)

I remember getting very hyped about this and looking back at it now my excitement seems more valid. I originally read allot about how this was Quentin Tarantino taking allot from the old "Nick Fury and the Howling Commando's" comics (and due to the recent Marvel film with their involvement I got thinking of this) I can say there are good similarities and apart from the all out Tarantino Violence this is the Commandos made better than Marvel could do I wager.

On my first viewing I was quite unsure on the ending, as it originally seemed all pushed together in a messy speeded resolution and the entire re-writing of history aspect made me annoyed, as I just felt it was not really needed. However that was my original first viewing and I'm happy I did not rush my judgment back then as the ending is only one minor detail of which is rendered unimportant with the major firsts parts of this being so overly entertaining too a point of there being an orgy of pleasurable scenes that I could not honestly pick a favourite from, there are simply too many good quotes and visual delicacies to gorge on.

Without thinking too long about it id probably say this is my favourite war film to date, id at leas go as far to state it easily has the most attractive lead lady in a war film iv seen. I would advise any who dislike it from the first viewing for whatever reason to give it another few looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment